We live in exciting times indeed! Shifts are occurring across the globe- socially, economically, politically, and spiritually. We can see these changes through the lens of fear and uncertainty, or we can see them through the spiritual lens of awakening and empowerment.
Many spiritual traditions have talked about being ‘In the world but not of the world.” This is the mystic’s path, to stay connected to God/Allah/Jehovah/Great Spirit at all times. When you face doubt or confusion, you can get clarity and insights through meditation, Shamanic journeys, or guided imagery to tap into your own Inner Wisdom. Getting support from spiritual guides and master teachers helps you re-connect with your own Divine Essence.
In my latest book, Staying Grounded in Shifting Sand: Awakening Soul Consciousness for the New Millennium, I offer stories and ideas for those of you feeling the cosmic nudge to awaken. It’s a spiritual guidebook for beginners and those of you who have walked the awakened path for many years. Each chapter has exercises, meditations, and stories to help you remember Who You Are as a spiritual being. These will help you stay grounded in the shifting sands of your life.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR…Dr. Linda J. Ferguson is an author, speaker, coach, and seminar leader to support people leading a joyful and awakened spiritual life. Linda’s website,www.lindajferguson.com , contains videos, meditations, affirmations, and other useful resources for spiritual growth and personal development. Readers find inspiring and informative ideas in Linda’sblog to enrich their spirituality for everyday living-www.lindajferguson.com/blog/ .
Dr. Ferguson is author of two books “The Path for Greatness – Work as Spiritual Service” and “Staying Grounded in Shifting Sand- Awakening Soul Consciousness for the New Millennium“. Readers find the exercises at the end of every chapter valuable and practical. They can apply the ideas immediately in their life and see results. Linda has conducted three national book tours, presented at national conferences, and conducted worship services to inspired and appreciative audiences. Linda also leads Shamanic Journeys, spiritual study groups, and retreats for people who want to dive deeper into the insights and ideas offered in her books on spiritual growth and transformation.
Linda has developed a seven step process of Transformational EmpowermentTM, for personal mastery. She developed this powerful process of manifesting and creating positive life changes from her own life experiences, her work with her coaching clients, and her study of mysticism.
She uses the spiritual principles found in her Transformational EmpowermentTM process in her coaching practice so that her clients more effectively move through their important life changes. Her coaching provides a structured and consistent venue so that people can make positive changes in their life easefully and confidently.
Linda has been on radio interviews and has featured articles in Interbeing, a journal of personal and professional mastery. She also writes a weekly blog to support people’s desire to integrate their spiritual life with their professional life-www.managementhelp.org/blogs/spirituality/
Dr. Ferguson earned her Ph.D. from Indiana University (I.U.-Bloomington) in Organizational Behavior with a Masters also from I.U. studying Social Psychology. She has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in psychology and management. Linda did her coach training in 2004 from Coach Training Alliance, completed her certification in Team Coaching, and has CCE credits from International Coach Federation (ICF).
In 1994 she traveled abroad for six months to Asia, Australia, Israel, and Europe before moving to Virginia where she currently lives. Her personal spiritual practice includes daily prayer and meditation, Sufi Dances of Universal Peace, Integral Yoga, Native American Sweat Lodges and other Earth-based ceremonies.
Staying Grounded in Shifting Sand provides insightful stories and ideas to support your spiritual journey and help you answer your soul’s calling. Inside you’ll read how to step fully into who you are as an awakened soul being. You’ll read ways to apply spiritual principles for daily challenges and stressors of relationships, finances, work, or family. You’ll learn how to connect with the joy and beauty of who you are as a spiritual being through your various human experiences.
You’ll learn ways to shift how you experience your world using the affirmations, meditations, and visualizations provided in each chapter. A new process called Transformational Empowerment™ shows seven key steps for manifesting your heart’s desire and fulfilling your soul contracts.
You’ve already signed up to be an agent for spiritual transformation, in your own life and in the world. Staying Grounded in Shifting Sand is a spiritual guidebook to help you navigate through your daily stresses, spiritual tests, and challenging relationships. It also is a celebration of the joy you are here to experience as a conscious co-creator. Each chapter ends with concrete, meaningful exercises for you to use immediately!
- Published: 12/2/2011
- Format: Perfect Bound Softcover(B/W)
- Pages: 208
- ISBN: 978-1-45254-121-1
BUY THE BOOK… Balboa Press
FROM THE BOOK FAERY REVIEWS…We’re giving away ONE copy of Staying Grounded in Shifting Sand: Awakening Soul Consciousness in the New Millennium. This giveaway runs now through the end of July 2012 and open to US/Canadian Non-PO Box addresses. Enter using the Rafflecopter widget just below.
FOLLOW THE TOUR WITH PUMP UP YOUR BOOK!
- Monday, June 4: Guest Blogging & Book Giveaway at I Am a Reader, Not a Writer
- Tuesday, June 5: Book spotlight at Sweet Southern Home
- Wednesday, June 6: Guest Blogging & Book Giveaway at Peeking Between the Pages
- Monday, June 11: Guest Blogging at Coffee and a Keyboard
- Tuesday, June 12: Book Spotlight & Book Giveaway at Reader Girls
- Thursday, June 14: Book Review at Wakela’s World
- Friday, June 15: Guest Blogging at Cindy’s Love of Books
- Monday, June 18: Book Review & Book Giveaway at Moonlight, Lace & Mayhem
- Tuesday, June 19: Book Review at Cindy’s Love of Books
- Wednesday, June 20: Interview at Examiner
- Thursday, June 21: Interview at Literarily Speaking
- Friday, June 22: Interview at Beyond the Books
- Monday, July 2: Interview at Between the Covers
- Tuesday, July 3: Guest Blogging at Literarily Speaking
- Thursday, July 5: Interview at The Writer’s Life
- Friday, July 6: Guest Blogging at Motherhoot
- Monday, July 9: Interview at Blogcritics
- Tuesday, July 10: Interview at SOS Aloha
- Wednesday, July 11: Interview at Pump Up Your Book
- Thursday, July 12: Interview at Between the Covers
- Thursday, July 19: Interview at The Book Connection
- Friday, July 20: Book Review & Guest Blogging at Jersey Girl Book Reviews
- Tuesday, July 24: Book Featured at Reader Girls
- Thursday, July 26: Interview at SheWrites
- Friday, July 27: Interview at Divine Caroline